In the case that your ZTE ZMAX Pro keeps restarting in use, system errors must be the root of the problem. To put an end to the restating, you should perform a factory reset via Recovery Mode. If the issue persists, you may want to leave your phone in a dry spot, check out the hardware and so on. Read to the end to bring your ZTE ZMAX Pro back to normal and put it to good use.
The Usual Suspects
All in all, in the course of operation, ZTE ZMAX Pro could experience issues every now and then. Still, if your ZTE ZMAX Pro keeps restarting on its own, consider these possibilities:
- System errors.
- Water immersion.
- Damaged hardware.
Perform A Factory Reset
- Step 1: Press and hold the Power button then tap Power off to shut down your phone.
- Step 2: Once the phone completely shuts down, press and hold the Power and the Volume Up buttons at the same time. As soon as the ZTE logo appears, wait for three seconds then release the Power button but continue to keep the Volume Up one pressed.
- Step 3: In Android Recovery screen, use Volume Up and Down buttons to navigate to Wipe data/factory reset then press the Power button.
- Step 4: Navigate to Yes and press the Power button to confirm.
- Step 5: Allow the process to go all the way and see how things turn.
Note: For your information, no data remains following a factory reset so it’s wise to back up in advance. Feel free to use Wipe cache partition as an alternative if you don’t want to go as far as a factory reset.
Let Your Phone Dry
You recently exposed your ZTE ZMAX Pro to water by mistake? Then water is the reason why your ZTE ZMAX Pro keeps restarting. The restart loop should cease if you manage to eliminate water inside the device. To do so, go through the steps down below:
- Step 1: Turn off your phone, remove the back shell and take out the battery.
- Step 2: Look around for a white spot on the battery/the phone. If that spot is red, you could conclude that water is the one responsible for the restart loop. Proceed to unscrew and remove the inner cover then use a hairdryer to blow hot air at your phone. Of course, you should keep the hairdryer at low power to protect the electronics.
- Step 3: After you finish removing all signs of moisture, reassemble the device, turn it on and witness the result.
Check Out The Hardware
On occasions, restart loop is an indication of damaged hardware ranging from internal components to external buttons. If the hardware is damaged, you have no choice but to send in the device for repair. In the case that the scale of damage is minor, you won’t have to pay too much. Still, if the damage is extensive, replace the device.
How do I update the ZTE ZMAX Pro software?
- Step 1: Open Settings, find Software Update and tap it.
- Step 2: If a software update is available, press download and let the process run from start to finish.
- Step 3: Select Verify and Install then choose OK to confirm.
Note: It’s a good idea to connect the device to a power source during the update to minimize interruptions. The last thing you need is for your phone to run out of battery all of a sudden while an update is in progress.
What must be done to put ZTE ZMAX Pro into Safe Mode?
- Step 1: Press and hold the Power button.
- Step 2: Press and hold Power off.
- Step 2: When a Reboot into Safe Mode message appears, tap OK and wait for it to restart
Note: To log out of the Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button and select Reboot.
What is the best way to create a backup?
- Step 1: Open Settings, select Advanced Settings and choose Backup & Reset.
- Step 2: Tap Back up my data and toggle on its switch.
- Step 3: Back out, click Backup account and pick the Google account you want to use for the backup. Return to Settings, select Accounts, choose Account and toggle on switches next to types of data you wish to back up. Last but not least, press the three-dot icon on top and press Sync now.
How do I transfer my files from ZTE ZMAX Pro to SD cards?
- Step 1: On the Home screen, select Apps and choose File Manager.
- Step 2: Tab the category of the files you like to transfer.
- Step 3: Locate the files, press and hold them then hit the Move icon. Remember that you could move multiple files at the same time. All you have to do is to check the checkbox of files destined for SD cards.
- Step 4: Click the back arrow button on top and pick SD card.
- Step 5: Navigate to the new location of the files and tap Paste.
I am a Software developer with approx 4 years of experience in building various responsive and beautiful websites and apps.
Language: Ruby, Java, HTML/CSS, Android
Frameworks: Ruby on Rails, Hosting: Heroku, Godaddy
Database: Mysql, Postgres, Mongo, Oracle
Also please look on my stack overflow profile.