For lovers of music, HTC is the best smartphone because of its audio capabilities. A quality phone with a full metal design, but there is a problem.
Many users have complained of the home button not working. Some of them noticed it after setting their device to power-saving mode.
If you are reading this article, it means your home button is not working. Don’t worry because there is a solution to fix it.
The steps below will show you how to fix it yourself.
- Step 1: Go to “Settings”
- Step 2: Click on “Apps”
- Step 3: Tap the soft key in the top right corner of the screen.
- Step 4: From the new window displayed. Tap “Show settings”
- Step 5: Scroll down and tap the finger scanner app.
- Step 6: Tap “Force stop”
- Step 7: Go back to the home screen and restart the phone.
If the above solution doesn’t work for you. Then you can try this.
- Step 1: Press the “Menu” button.
- Step 2: Tap “Settings”
- Step 3: Select “Applications”
- Step 4: Press “Manage applications”
- Step 5: Tap “All” among the four tabs at the top of the screen.
- Step 6: Scroll down and select “HTC sense” when you see it.
- Step 7: Tap the white bar that says “Clear data”
- Step 8: Click “OK” and restart your phone.
Another solution is to press the force stop button above the clear data bar. You can wipe the cache partition and see if it fixes the problem.
Sometimes the problem is because of faulty hardware. Here, pick up a replacement. The home button is not the only feature that encounters problems sometimes. Look below for other HTC problems and how to fix them.
Other HTC Problems and Their Solutions
1. Display Issue
Some users have complained of problems in the screen’s polarization. Others have noticed a pinkish or yellowish thing on the display. Try any of the solutions below to fix the problem yourself.
- Solution 1: Use Screen Equalizer App to set it right.
- Solution 2: Under display settings, tap color profile to adjust the display.
- Solution 3: Increase screen brightness and leave the phone out in direct sunlight.
2. Auto-brightness Not Working
Sometimes the screen goes dark, even when auto-brightness is enabled. To fix this problem, try any of the solutions below.
- Solution 1: Use the Lux Auto brightness app to fix this problem.
- Solution 2: Another option is to wait for an upcoming software update, which will solve the problem.
3. Touchscreen Problems
If the phone doesn’t register taps or presses, it means the touchscreen is faulty. Below are the solutions to this problem.
- Solution 1: Use the SGS Touchscreen booster to adjust the sensitivity settings.
- Solution 2: If the above solution cannot work for you. Then you need to replace the touchscreen.
4. NFC Problems
Do you encounter problems when using NFC? Your device cannot read tags or cards. You can’t also connect to a portable speaker. Below are the ways you can fix it.
- Solution 1: Update your software.
- Solution 2: Another solution is to pick up a replacement.
5. Can’t switch From Wi-Fi to Mobile Data
Being unable to switch to mobile data from Wi-Fi is a big problem. But there are a few solutions.
- Solution 1: Go to “Advanced call setting” and disable “Wi-Fi calling”
- Solution 2: If the above solution cannot work for you. You should wait for an upcoming software update to solve the problem.
6. Connectivity Issues
If you can’t connect to Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, here are the solutions.
- Solution 1: Go to “Settings” and turn off “Power save”
- Solution 2: Make sure the applications and software are up to date.
- Solution 1: Go to “Settings”, delete all paired devices. You can now pair them again.
You have known all the problems common with HTC and how to solve them. But that’s not all.
Below are the ways to perform simple functions on your device. These functions include putting your device in safe mode, performing a soft reset, and also wipe cache partition.
- Step 1: Press and hold the power button until a menu pops up.
- Step 2: Tap and hold the power off option
- Step 3: Tap on the restart button when a “reboot to safe mode” option appears.
- Step 4: Wait for the device to reboot.
- Step 1: Press and hold the power button until an option appears.
- Step 2: Press the restart option.
Wipe Cache Partition
- Step 1: Turn off your device.
- Step 2: Long press the power and volume button simultaneously. Release the power key when the phone vibrates.
- Step 3: Use the volume key and scroll to “reboot to bootloader. Press the Power key to select it.
- Step 4: Scroll to wipe cache partition using the volume key. Use the power button to select it.
Common problems with the HTC phone should not stop you from using one. All problems can be fixed with just a few steps or a hardware replacement.