Table of Contents
Call of Duty: Vanguard is the newest addition to the Call of Duty series and it lives up to the hype in most of the cases. Usually, people could play Vanguard to their heart’s content as soon as the purchase wraps up. However, it’s worth pointing out that reports about issues still pop up from time to time. Read to the end if you don’t know what must be done once it comes to Call of Duty: Vanguard “check back in a little bit”.
What Is Going On
Purchase Did Not Go Through
The number one cause for “check back in a little bit” is that something might have gone wrong during the processing of purchases. It could be an error either on your end or the store. Regardless, if the system won’t recognize your ownership of the game, there is no way for you to play it.
Overall, your account could experience issues out of the blue and mess up the store’s game management. Therefore, if you have a hard time playing Vanguard after purchasing it, give account some thought.
Like their contemporaries, Xbox consoles may act up in use and functions would suffer. Hence, about Call of Duty: Vanguard “check back in a little bit”, you should give your Xbox some thought.
You can’t download a game even though you own it? In that case, it’s wise to include network connection in your list of suspects. If the connection is unstable, it’s only natural that the download process would ground to a halt.
What Must Be Done
In the beginning, for good measure, it is strongly recommended that you verify the purchase. Otherwise, you may end up paying for multiple copies of the game by accident. There are a few ways to do this:
- Look at the receipt: As with all purchases in the store, you should have seen a receipt screen after buying. You can either look for a screenshot you took of it at the time, or check out your email. The receipt confirming the purchase should be there.
- Take a look at the bank account: If the purchase has been processed correctly, you would see a banking notification charging the exact amount you paid for the game. Note that this may take a while so be patient and wait in case it does not show up immediately.
- Scan the order history: Microsoft automatically logs its users’ purchases for consistency. Your order history can be viewed with this link: https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders
If there is indeed a problem with your purchase, that’s where you need to dedicate your attention. Before you take action, however, it would be wise to wait for a couple of hours. The server could simply be busy and it’ll process your transaction as soon as things settle down. Still, if the server takes too long, try contacting Xbox customer support and explain your situation to them.
Remove And Re-add Account
Many users have reported that removing account and re-adding it would address the issue. If you suspect your Microsoft account is at fault, go through the following steps:
- Step 1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Step 2. Go to Settings > All Settings.
- Step 3. Navigate to Account and choose Remove Accounts.
- Step 4. Choose the account with the game and choose Remove.
- Step 5. Close the guide and reboot your Xbox console.
- Step 6. Open the guide again.
- Step 7. Select Add & Manage at the bottom of the Sign in screen.
- Step 8. Sign in using your Microsoft account’s email and password.
Perform A Power Cycle
To perform a power cycle, you only need to turn a device off, then wait a bit before turning it back on. While the procedure sounds basic, you’d be surprised at how good it is in solving problems on consoles.
- Step 1. Hard reboot your Xbox by pressing and holding the Xbox button for 10 seconds.
- Step 2. Unplug the power cable.
- Step 3. Wait for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Step 4. Replug the power cable.
- Step 5. Turn the Xbox back on and see how things turn out.
Tweak Network Settings
Even if you have no problem connecting to virtually anywhere else, your connection to the Microsoft Store could still be malfunctioning. Assuming that is the case, it’s no wonder that the download of Call of Duty: Vanguard is not going forward. Fortunately, by applying changes to network settings, you could initiate the download process.
- Step 1. Press the Xbox button to open Guide.
- Step 2. Hit Settings.
- Step 3. Go to Network > Network Settings.
- Step 4. Select Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC Address.
- Step 5. Pick Clear.
- Step 6. Choose Restart and try downloading the game again.
Can I Reuse The Solutions Above For Other Games?
The full error message is “Check back in a little bit, we’re having trouble getting your stuff right now”. This error is related to the Microsoft Store and is by no means limited to Call of Duty: Vanguard. Therefore, if you are encountering the same message from Microsoft Store with another game, the solutions in this article may work.
How Long Do I Need To Wait For The Purchase Process?
Being completely digital, the purchase process should not take too long. Under normal circumstances, they will finalize nearly instantly. If the server is experiencing issues, however, it may take an hour or two. If it gets any longer, don’t hesitate to contact customer support for help.
Can I Get A Refund For Call Of Duty: Vanguard?
If you are unable to get the game to work or have accidentally ordered too many copies, refunding is an option. So long as it has not been over 14 days since your purchase, and you don’t have a significant amount of playtime, you are eligible for a refund. You can find more information on Microsoft Xbox refund policies here.
Tuan Do is an accomplished author, content provider, and IT specialist with a strong background in computer science. Having studied IT at Hanoi Bach Khoa University, he possesses extensive knowledge in the field and specializes in Microsoft Windows. Tuan plays a vital role as a valued member of 4G Britain magazine, where he provides engaging content, tutorials, and practical fixes for readers. His expertise allows him to simplify complex concepts, making him a reliable source of accurate and insightful tech information. With a deep passion for technology, Tuan is committed to keeping readers informed about the latest advancements in the industry. Through his contributions to 4G Britain, he empowers both tech enthusiasts and professionals by delivering valuable insights and solutions. Tuan’s dedication to providing exceptional content ensures that readers can rely on him as a trustworthy resource in the ever-evolving world of technology.