The folder is an important feature in every operating system. It allows you to store data or manage apps.
On Android phones, you may have numerous apps. It won’t be easy to access an app on your home screen.
The best option is for you to arrange the apps in a folder. Apps can be arranged based on their individual uses. You may have an email folder consisting of all your email apps.
You can already see how this helps to keep the apps on your home screen organized.
However, if you have placed your apps in a folder by mistake. Or you want to remove a certain app from a folder. Here is how to go about it.
- Step 1: Touch “Apps” on your home screen. It is usually indicated by several squares.
- Step 2: Tap on the folder where the app is.
- Step 3: Press on the app and drag it upwards to remove.
- Step 4: The app will then appear at the top of the home screen.
- Step 5: Tap on the app and move it to an empty place on the home screen. Please note that this process will not uninstall the app.
Where, after removing an app from a folder. You still want to add another app to the folder. Please look below.
- Step 1: Touch “Apps” on your home screen. It is usually indicated by some squares.
- Step 2: Find the app you would like to put into the folder.
- Step 3: Long press the app.
- Step 4: Drag it over the folder you want it to be placed in.
- Step 5: You can now let go of the app.
Now that you have known how to add or remove apps from a folder. The next thing is how to name a folder. Yes, folders comprising apps can be named.
However, the name should give you an idea of the apps in it. This is for easy identification.
Naming A Folder
Let’s say you have a folder comprising book apps. You can name the folder as a book. Here are the steps to do so.
- Step 1: Tap on the folder you want to name.
- Step 2: Tap on the “Unnamed folder” that will pop up.
- Step 3: Name the folder.
- Step 4: Press “Done” after you are through.
Yes, with 4 easy steps you can now name your folder. Can a folder be moved on the home screen? Just like the way you move individual apps, so can a folder be moved. But if you don’t know how to, you can follow the steps below.
Moving A Folder
- Step 1: Tap and hold the folder. You notice that the screen changed slightly.
- Step 2: Drag it to where you would like it to be. In some new Android versions, all apps will move to make room for the folder.
It can be as easy as that. If only you pay attention and follow the right steps. Can a folder be deleted without uninstalling the apps on it?
Please, read below for an answer to that question.
Deleting A Folder
There are two basic ways to delete a folder.
- By dragging or removing all the apps in the folder. This can cause the folder to delete automatically since there is no app in it.
- By Tapping the folder and dragging it upwards. After doing this, all the apps in it will remove and the folder will delete. However, the apps will not uninstall or delete.
The two ways stated above. Are the safest ways to delete a folder without tampering with the apps.
Create a new folder after deleting the old one. Or you want to create a folder for the first time. But you don’t know the steps in doing so. This problem will be solved just by reading further.
Creating A Folder
A folder can only comprise at least two apps.
- Step 1: Go to “Apps” on the home screen. It is usually indicated by several squares.
- Step 2: Select the first app you would like to be in the folder.
- Step 3: Drag it over the second app you also want in the folder.
- Step 4: Both apps automatically are now in a folder.
Using a folder can help you arrange your apps in an organized way. This also helps you to find it easily instead of search through a throng of apps.
Knowing how to use a folder to manage your apps can make using an Android or iOS phone fun. The steps involved in the management are, creating, add, removing, moving, or deleting a folder.
Please note that you can’t create a folder with only a single app. A minimum of two apps is required.