Words with Friends notifications annoy a lot of Android users and to tackle that, all you have to do is to tweak the phone’s notifications settings. New to Android and have no idea how to change the settings on your own? Then this article is for you.
For Android Users:
If you are an Android player, follow the steps below to fix this problem
- Step 1: On your Android phone, go to words with friends.
- Step 2: Touch the “Menu” button.
- Step 3: Select “Settings”
- Step 4: Navigate to the miscellaneous section, then disable or enable background notifications.
For iPhone and iPad Users:
If you are not an Android player, you may be an iPhone or iPad user. Look below for the solution to fix the notification problem.
- Step 1: Go to the home screen.
- Step 2: Touch the “Settings” button.
- Step 3: Select “Notifications”
- Step 4: Search for words with friends on the list of apps and choose it.
- Step 5: Change sounds, badges, etc.
Kindle Fire Users
For kindle fire devices, try any of the solutions below.
- Step 1: Swipe down from the top part of the screen.
- Step 2: Touch “More” or the three dots at the top-right of the screen.
- Step 3: Select “Applications”
- Step 4: Tap “Notification settings”
- Step 5: Enable or disable notifications.
- Step 1: Swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Step 2: Touch “Settings”
- Step 3: Select “Notifications & Quiet time”
- Step 4: Tap on the application you want to manage.
- Step 5: Enable or Disable notifications.
Follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Tap “Start”
- Step 2: Swipe left to the applications list.
- Step 3: Touch “Settings”
- Step 4: Select “Notifications + actions”
- Step 5: Choose the application you want to manage.
- Step 6: Enable or disable “Show in action center”
After you have managed the notifications settings of your device, you need to do the same in the game.
In The Game:
- Step 1: Open Settings. You can find it on your profile page or by scrolling down the main menu.
- Step 2: Search for the “Notification” section.
- Step 3: Enable or disable it.
Words with Friends Crashing
Even though Words with Friends is one of the favorite mobile games, some users complained that it crashes. There can be many reasons for this problem, but there are also solutions you can use to fix it yourself.
Solution 1: Close And Reopen The App
If an error causes your problem, then you need to close and reopen the app. For this solution to work, ensure you clear the app from your application history.
Solution 2: Restart Your Device
Where the solution above cannot work for you, restart your device. If there are a lot of apps running, your game will crash. Another reason is if your device is overheating.
To fix this problem, restart your device by long-pressing the “Power” button. Select “Restart” from the options that will pop up.
After the process has been completed, take a look at the Words with Friends game to see if the problem persists.
Solution 3: Reinstall the app
You can reinstall your Words with Friends game, this action will cause the problem of ending. Simply uninstall the game from your device. The next step is to go to the Play Store or App Store to download the latest version of the game.
How to Delete the Words with Friends App
If you have uninstalled the Words with Friends app, it won’t affect your account. You can now get access to your account whenever you install the game again on your device.
Below is how to delete the Words with Friends app.
- Step 1: On your device, go to settings.
- Step 2: Navigate to “Apps & Notifications”, select it.
- Step 3: Touch “See all apps”
- Step 4: Navigate to “Words with Friends”, select it.
- Step 5: Tap “Uninstall”
- Step 1: Find the “Words with Friends” app icon.
- Step 2: Long press the app icon.
- Step 3: Select the “Delete” tap.
- Step 4: Click “Delete”. This is to confirm that you want to delete the “Words with Friends” app.
Even though Words with Friends is a great game, it is not devoid of problems, just like other game apps. Finally, not all users have this problem.
I am a Software developer with approx 4 years of experience in building various responsive and beautiful websites and apps.
Language: Ruby, Java, HTML/CSS, Android
Frameworks: Ruby on Rails, Hosting: Heroku, Godaddy
Database: Mysql, Postgres, Mongo, Oracle
Also please look on my stack overflow profile.