The copy and paste is an important feature, it doesn’t matter if you are using the Gmail app or webmail. This feature allows you to copy texts and then paste it into the body of the message you are composing on Gmail.
It is very common for people to experience problems while trying to copy and paste in Gmail.
If you are having this problem, don’t worry as anyone can face this challenge. The device you are using doesn’t matter either, this problem can occur in a computer, Mac, an iPhone, or even an android.
To solve this problem, however, you need to follow the steps below.
- Step 1: In the lower-right corner of the “New message” window, tap the three-dots or “More options”
- Step 2: Ensure that “Plain text” is not selected in the list of options that will appear. If it is selected, disable it and check if the problem persists.
The solution above is more suitable for people who use webmail. If you are using the Gmail app and the solution above cannot work for you, try this.
- Step 1: Delete the Gmail app.
- Step 2: Power off your device.
- Step 3: Power your device on.
- Step 4: Reinstall the Gmail app.
- Step 5: Log into your Gmail account.
- Step 6: Try to copy and paste.
Gmail is a default program in the Samsung S8, which means you can’t delete the app. If you are using the Samsung S8, you need to delete the updates instead. This is sure to fix your problem.
However, if you are using a computer, there is also a solution for you. All you need to do is press Ctrl-C or Ctrl-V to copy and paste in Gmail. If this solution doesn’t work for you, then it means the problem is from your computer. Here, you can restart your computer to see if this fixes the issue.
Copy And Paste Images In Gmail
Google has added new features that you can use to copy and paste images into Gmail on your computer. You can also save these pictures and insert into Gmail or add them as attachments.
All you need is to use Google Chrome to access this feature. If you are using another browser, you won’t be able to copy and paste images in Gmail.
Follow the steps below, to copy and paste images in Gmail using your computer.
- Step 1: Find the picture you need and right-click on it. Then select “copy image” among the list of options that will appear.
- Step 2: On your Google Chrome browser, log into your Gmail account.
- Step 3: Create a new message.
- Step 4: Right-click on a space in the message box, then select “Paste image”. You can also press the “ctrl+v button to paste the image if you are using windows. If you are using Mac, “command+v” should be used.
- Step 5: After you have successfully pasted the image, a little icon will appear. This is to show you that Gmail is processing the image. The processing will only take a few seconds, after which the image will appear.
- Step 6: You cannot edit an image in Gmail but you can resize it. There are small, medium, and large sizes you can choose from and the image will resize immediately.
Other Gmail Tips
Gmail has many features packed in it you haven’t explored. These features, when used properly, will be of immense benefit to you.
1. Change Background
You can change the background color of your inbox. To do this, tap the “settings” or gear icon then, select “themes”
2. Organize emails into folders
Your incoming emails can be organized into feature different folders by tapping the labels feature. To do this:
- Step 1: Go to Gmail.
- Step 2: Click on the “Menu”
- Step 3: Navigate to the bottom and select “More”
- Step 4: Click “Create new label”
- Step 5: Click on the three-dots menu to customize the label settings.
3. Enable confidential mode
When sending confidential emails, this mode prevents the receiver(s) from saving, sharing, or downloading the messages. You can also choose a time when the email will self-destruct. To enable this mode, click on the “Clock icon” at the bottom-right while composing a message.
4. Reading Screen
This feature allows you to read your emails in a split-screen mode. You can customize your emails to be displayed at the right or bottom of your inbox.
To do this, tap the “Settings” or the gear icon, and select “Reading pane”.
5. Create Multiple Signatures
When switching between personal and professional messages, it is advised that you create multiple signatures. To do this, at the bottom-right of the compose tab, press the “Signature icon”
Apart from sending and receiving emails, there are many nice features that can be found in Gmail. Learning about these features and how to use them can save you a lot of time.