Regarding Snapchat “we cannot verify this phone number”, there could be suspicious activity going on in the background and you should log in to your account then apply changes to the settings. You don’t know how to carry out the solutions on your own? In that case, you have come to the right place.
How To Verify Your Phone Number On Snapchat
Below are the steps you can use to verify your phone number on Snapchat.
- Step 1: Tap the button on your profile screen to open “Settings”
- Step 2: Tap “Mobile number” under the “My Account” section.
- Step 3: Type your mobile number into the empty box and tap “Verify”
- Step 4: On the pop-up, tap “Send via SMS” to receive a text message with your verification code.
- Step 5: You can also receive the verification code by tapping the “Call me instead” button.
- Step 6: Enter the verification code you have received from text or mobile call and tap “Continue”
if you want to change the number on your Snapchat account, however, then the below steps are for you.
How To Change Phone Number On Your Snapchat Account
You can change the phone number on your Snapchat account by following the steps below.
- Step 1: Open the Snapchat app on your device.
- Step 2: Login and tap the settings icon in the upper right corner.
- Step 3: Tap “Mobile number” under “My account”
- Step 4: Enter a different phone number.
- Step 5: Tap the “Verify” button to receive an SMS with a verification code.
- Step 6: Enter the verification code you have received and tap “Continue”
Do you use an iPhone device? If yes, you need to enable SMS before the above steps can work for you.
Go to “Settings”, click on “Messages” and toggle on “Send as SMS”
How To Login to Snapchat Without Verification Code
You can also login to Snapchat from any device without a verification code. This is essential for users who don’t have access to verification codes or have changed their device.
- Step 1: Launch the Snapchat App on your new device.
- Step 2: Tap “Login verification” under “My account”
- Step 3: Select “Forget devices”
- Step 4: Select your previous device and tap the “Forget” option.
By following the steps above, Snapchat will forget the history of your previous device. You can now log in to Snapchat from any device without a verification code.
Are phone numbers the only contact that requires verification? If you have asked this question several, the answer is no.
Your email account can be verified as well. This is suitable where you have lost your password, a reset link will be sent directly to your email.
However, this cannot work if your email address is not verified.
How To Verify Your Email On Snapchat
To verify your email address on Snapchat, follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Go to the app and tap the button on your profile screen.
- Step 2: Click on the gear icon on the profile page.
- Step 3: Open your Snapchat settings.
- Step 4: Select the “Email” option.
- Step 5: Type your email address on the empty field and tap “Continue”
- Step 6: Go to your inbox and look for the verification email.
- Step 7: Click the confirmation link in the email.
After following the steps above, your email address will become verified. You will notice the change on your Snapchat account since the gear icon appears red before verification.
Signs Your Snapchat Account Has Been Hacked
Below are the signs that your account has been compromised.
- An alert that someone has logged into your account using a different location or device.
- A spam message is sent from your account.
- You find new contacts added to your lists without your permission.
- You always have to re-log into the app whenever you want to use it.
- The phone number or email address associated with your Snapchat account has been changed.
If you have noticed any of the signs above, below are few things you can do.
Change Your Password
Follow the rules below, when changing your password. This is to ensure that you choose a strong password.
- Don’t use a phone number as a password
- The password must have at least 8 characters, which include symbols and numbers.
- Don’t use your name or username as a password.
- The password used for other devices should not be used.
- Don’t use your date of birth as a password.
Verify the Email and Phone Number Associated With The Account
If you need help to do this, it has been discussed in the article. Just follow all the steps carefully.
All that has to do with email and phone number verification has been discussed in this article. By reading till the end, you are sure of no problems and know why can’t snapchat verify your number.
However, you need to protect your Snapchat account from being hacked. Take notice of the “Signs that your account has been hacked”, discussed in this article. This is to ensure you are always on alert for any suspicious behavior in your account.
I am a Software developer with approx 4 years of experience in building various responsive and beautiful websites and apps.
Language: Ruby, Java, HTML/CSS, Android
Frameworks: Ruby on Rails, Hosting: Heroku, Godaddy
Database: Mysql, Postgres, Mongo, Oracle
Also please look on my stack overflow profile.