Vimeo is the first video – sharing site that provides videos with high resolution and quality. Thanks to its outstanding features, Vimeo attracts more than 100 million visitors per month and more than 22 million registered users. To help you understand more about its usage, in this article, we’ll give you guidance on how to repeat and control speed videos on Vimeo.
1. Guide to repeat or loop a video
With many high-quality videos in Vimeo, you may meet a bunch of favorite videos here. And it’s certain when you want to loop or repeat them all over again. To do this, you do the following steps:
Step 1: Choose the video you like then click the “Share” button.
Step 2: In windows that opens, choose “Show options“.
Step 3: Once you click “Share options“, choose “Loop this video“
Step 4: Notice the “Embed link“, if it appears “loop=1” then you’re on the right track. Copy the embed link.
For example, when you only choose “Loop this video” and “Show text link underneath this video” then the embed link will be like this:
<iframe src=”https://player.vimeo.com/video/117669654?loop=1&color=ead713&portrait=0″ width=”640″ height=”360″ frameborder=”0″ allow=”autoplay; fullscreen” allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p><a href=”https://vimeo.com/117669654″>The road story Vietnam</a> from <a href=”https://vimeo.com/georgytarasov”>Georgy Tarasov</a> on <a href=”https://vimeo.com”>Vimeo</a>.</p>
Notice: There are some browsers in Vimeo restriction and you can’t autoplay or loop video on these sites :
- Safari version 11+ (in desktop)
- Chrome version 66+ (both desktop and mobile)
- Firefox 66+ (Desktop/Mobile)
So with these simple steps, you can have free video loops on Vimeo.
2. How to control speed in Vimeo videos
Watching a video may take you a long time, so with some videos, you can watch them at 2x or even 3x speed without losing comprehension.
Though there are some ways to control speed video on Vimeo, we will show you the most reliable method that makes it works. We use “Video Speed Controller“.
Step 1: Add “Video Speed Controller” to your browser.
For example, for Chrome users: go to Chrome web store, then find Video Speed Controller, click Add to Chrome
Note: When you add it successfully, there is an icon like this:
Step 2: Search any video on Vimeo, click one of them and you will see the speed which is played on the screen.
Step 3: You can control the speed thanks to these buttons: “+” to speed up, and “-” to slow down the speed.
After doing these steps, you can watch videos on Vimeo with fascinating speed.
3. What are the differences between Youtube and Vimeo
In plus, we’ll point out the differences between two huge online watching videos sites: Youtube and Vimeo.
- Constructive feedbacks: Youtube has large users from all ages so hosts don’t usually get constructive comments. However, users in Vimeo are mostly mature, so hosts there often get useful comments that will be built-up the next videos.
- Advertisement: these days, ads can interrupt you everywhere on Youtube. But in Vimeo, it’s ads-free.
- Community: Youtube has over 1 billion viewers per day while Vimeo has smaller viewers of 170 million per day.
- One more plus side of Vimeo is that Vimeo considers its quality over quantity and its component doesn’t.
To sum up, this article guides you step by step to repeat and control speed in Vimeo. Hope the information we provided is useful for you.