Tracfone is a mobile virtual network operator. They offer prepaid services and different branded smartphones to use. It is a suitable deal for you as a light data user.
Apart from selling low-cost cell phones, they also sell airtime/service days. For example, you can buy a $25 airtime card. This will offer you 60 service days, 500 minutes of talk time, 100 texts, and 500mb data. It sound’s nice, right? But there is a problem.
Many Tracfone phone users have complained that the volume is too low. If you are reading this article, it means you are one of them.
Follow the steps below and fix it yourself.
- Step 1: Press the “Home” key to access a menu.
- Step 2: Tap “Profiles” among the options.
- Step 3: Tap “Options”
- Step 4: Select “Volume”
- Step 5: Use the “UP” arrow to increase volume.
Your problem has been solved. While calling, however, if you cannot hear the person at the other end.
Don’t worry, press the volume button at the side of the phone. Ensure you press it only when the receiver has picked your call. You notice that the volume will increase on the screen. But that’s not all, below are the reasons why you should choose Tracfone.
- It is suitable for people who make only a few calls or texts per week. This way, you will only pay for what you use.
- The cell phones take only a few minutes to set up.
- If you are using another smartphone, but want the Tracfone services, don’t fret. You can change to Tracfone if Verizon, T-Mobile, and sprint are one of your cell phone providers. Check their website, however, for more details.
- Tracfone offers easy reload of airtime. And text and data only cards.
- If you don’t use a lot of data, it can save you money.
- It is a no contract, prepaid service provider. That gives customers full control over what to spend on cellphone and services.
- Their services can be as low as $10 a month.
- They offer regular phones, android smartphones, and iPhones for a relatively low price.
- Promo codes that give you extra minutes for free are available.
Now that you have to know the many benefits of using Tracfone. You can buy their cellphones or use your old smartphone if it can be unlocked by them. By going further, you will learn how to activate Tracfone. Before then, below are the things you need to know before signing up for Tracfone.
Things To Know Before You Sign-up For Tracfone
- You will keep your existing phone, phone number, and network when switching. This only applies if you are a Verizon, T-Mobile, or Sprint customer. To be sure, you can check for phone compatibility.
- The plans and pricing are suitable for people who don’t use their phones frequently.
- Tracfone does not support mobile hotspot.
- Video streams at a DVD quality of 480p.
- You can call using WiFi once your phone supports it.
- There is no in-person support for Tracfone users.
- Call 611611 from your device if you have questions to ask.
To activate Tracfone on your new phone, follow the steps below.
How To Activate Tracfone
- Step 1: Go to https://www.tracfone.com on your browser. You can call Tracfone support if you don’t have internet access. Call 1-800-867-7183 to complete the activation process.
- Step 2: Select “Activate”
- Step 3: Select “I have a Tracfone phone”
- Step 4: Enter the phone’s serial number.
- Step 5: Review and accept Tracfone’s terms and conditions.
- Step 6: Click “Continue”
- Step 7: Enter your zip or postal code when prompted.
- Step 8: Select a plan and click “Continue”
- Step 9: Pay for your plan.
- Step 10: You can now follow the on-screen instructions to complete activation.
The activation steps above are only for customers who purchased a Tracfone phone. If you are using your existing phone, look below for activation steps.
Non-Tracfone phone activation
- Step 1: Go to https://get.tracfone.com/bring-your-own-phone in your web browser. You can also call customer support on 1-800-867-7183 to complete activation. If you don’t have internet access.
- Step 2: Select “Get started”
- Step 3: Click select under your carrier which can be Verizon, T-Mobile, or Sprint. Please note that GSM is not allowed.
- Step 4: Follow the on-screen instructions depending on your provider.
- Step 5: Select a plan and click “Continue”
- Step 6: Pay for your plan.
- Step 7: Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the activation.
Please note that for both activation types, you need to charge the phone fully before following the steps.
Tracfone has its pros and cons. But it seems the pros have outweighed its cons. If you are a light data user or you don’t use your phone regularly. This should be the best bet for you. Not to forget that the common volume problem has already been solved in this article.