At the moment, once it comes to office work, a lot of people rely on Microsoft products as they work well in most of the cases. For ease of convenience, Microsoft and its products support synchronization so Windows users can keep everything uniform. Hence, the process of syncing Teams calendar with Outlook is usually a straightforward affair that involves little time and effort. Nonetheless, since the process is not immune to errors, reports about Teams calendar not syncing with Outlook still appear from time to time.
A List Of Solutions
Check Out Teams And Outlook
In the case that you suspect obsolescence to be behind the synchronization problem, update Teams and Outlook at the earliest opportunity.
How To Update The Microsoft Teams
- Step 1: Open Microsoft Teams then click your profile picture.
- Step 2: Hit Check for updates.
- Step 3: If an update is available, download and install it.
How To Update Microsoft Outlook
- Step 1: Open Microsoft Outlook, select File and choose your Office Account.
- Step 2: Pick Update Options then hit Update Now.
- Step 3: Allow the update to run all the way.
Clear The Cache Of Teams
Unable to recall the last time you cleared the cached data of Microsoft Teams? Then there is a good chance that an overloaded cache is giving the synchronization process a hard time. To sync Teams calendar with Outlook, go through the steps down below to clear the cache:
- Step 1: Close Microsoft Teams, right-click Teams icon in the Icon Tray and pick Quit. Alternatively, you can use the Task Manager to kill Microsoft Teams.
- Step 2: Open File Explorer, type %appdata%\Microsoft\teams in the address bar and press Enter.
- Step 3: In the Application Cache file directory, a number of folders will be visible. Proceed to delete files in those folders according to the following guidelines:
- In the ‘Blob_storage’ folder, delete all files; %appdata%\Microsoft\teams\blob_storage
- In the ‘Cache’ folder, delete all files.: %appdata%\Microsoft\teams\Cache
- In the ‘databases’ folder, delete all files: %appdata%\Microsoft\teams\databases
- In the ‘GPUCache’ folder, delete all files.: %appdata%\Microsoft\teams\GPUcache
- In the ‘IndexedDB’ folder, delete the .db file.: %appdata%\Microsoft\teams\IndexedDB
- In the ‘Local Storage’ folder, delete all files. : %appdata%\Microsoft\teams\Local Storage
- Lastly, In the ‘tmp’ folder, delete all files : %appdata%\Microsoft\teams\tmp
- Step 4: Open Microsoft Teams, sync its calendar to Outlook and see how things turn out.
Run Outlook In Safe Mode
When Microsoft products act up all of a sudden, Safe Mode may help you identify the culprit. Thus, if you notice Teams calendar not syncing with Outlook, you may want to open Microsoft Outlook in Safe Mode.
- Step 1: Press Windows + R to open Run.
- Step 2: Type outlook.exe /safe then press Enter.
- Step 3: With Microsoft Outlook running in Safe Mode, determine whether it’s able to synchronize with the Teams calendar. If the syncing is successful, you could conclude that an add-on is at fault. At that point, you only need to re-enable your add-ons one by one, locate the troublemaker and delete it. Lastly, start Outlook normally and use it like usual.
The Usual Suspects
If either your Microsoft Teams or your Outlook is out-of-date, the performance of features is going to suffer and synchronization is not an exception. On the bright side, if obsolescence is responsible for Teams calendar not syncing with Outlook, there is no need to much.
For your information, in the course of operation, Microsoft Teams accumulate cached data. If the cache of Teams is overloaded, you would have difficulty syncing it with other Microsoft products.
It’s possible to improve the performance of Microsoft Outlook by installing add-ons. However, if the add-ons get corrupted, they will interfere with the performance of Outlook. Thus, once it comes to Teams calendar not syncing with Outlook, you should give corruption in add-ons some thought.
What Can Microsoft Outlook Be Used For?
Microsoft Outlook provides a multitude of tools for scheduling emails, creating appointments, managing tasks, sharing calendars, etc.
Can I See All The Participants In Microsoft Teams Simultaneously?
Yes, you can. Open the Large Gallery feature and Teams will immediately display all participants that have active cameras.
Is It Possible To View Who Is Already In A Microsoft Teams Call Before I Join?
Absolutely! Click Show call participants to view all who are already present before participating in Microsoft Teams calls.
- Looking for a prompt and rapid response from your recipient in Teams? Set an urgency level to your message by clicking the exclamation icon as you send the message.
- Send emails quicker by saving pre-typed email outlines in the User templates section of Microsoft Outlook.
- Telecommuters can gain access to their Teams files from anywhere in the world by adding Cloud storage in the Files section of Microsoft Teams.
- To save time, while setting dates in Microsoft Outlook, type phrases such as “a week from now” or “next Friday” in the date field. Outlook will take care of the rest in your stead.
- Improve your productivity in Teams by taking advantage of slash commands. Type a forward slash / in the search bar and a list of options. Via slash commands, you could start a chat, change your status, make a video call and so on.