If you keep running into the Setup Wizard “Data usage limited” notification on your Android phone, the configuration of the device’s/carrier’s data usage settings must be at fault. To get rid of the notification, you should remove the data usage limit at the earliest opportunity. Besides that, you could also force-stop Setup Wizard, reboot to Safe Mode and so on. Read to end to be able to enjoy your Android phone to the fullest.
Approaches To The Situation: Summary
Remove The Data Usage Limit
On The Phone
- Step 1: Open Settings, select Network and Internet and choose Internet.
- Step 2: Tap the gear icon next to your carrier’s name under the Internet section.
- Step 3: Press the Data warning and limit option, then toggle off the switches of Set data limit and Set data warning.
Note: If your Android phone is a Samsung model, go through the steps down below:
- Step 1: Open Settings, select Connections and Choose the Data usage option.
- Step 2: Locate Billing cycle and data warning then hit it.
- Step 3: Disable Set data limit as well as Set data warning.
On Verizon Smart Family
- Step 1: Open the Verizon app on your phone, sign in using your Account Owner/Manager access privilege and hit your device from the top of the app. Many family members’ accounts might appear.
- Step 2: In the Manage control sections, click Limits then pick Data Target.
- Step 3: Click Remove on the bottom left corner and pick Remove again to confirm.
- Step 1: Launch your web browser, visit the My Verizon official website and log in using your Account Owner/Manager access privilege.
- Step 2: Select Account, navigate to Apps & add-ons and choose Smart Family.
- Step 3: On the top of the screen, click your mobile number from the list, expand Limits & Controls in the left menu and pick Limit data. Last but not least, check the No limit checkbox then hit Save.
Force Stop Setup Wizard
- Step 1: Open Settings then make your way to Apps/Applications/Manage apps (different devices have different terms).
- Step 2: Look to the top right, select Show System Apps, choose Setup Wizard and hit Force Stop.
Boot Into Safe Mode
- Step 1: Press and hold the Power button. Once Power Off appears, press and hold it until the Reboot to Safe Mode pops up. Proceed to hit OK.
- Step 3: When the screen comes back on, see how things turn out. If the Setup Wizard “Data usage limited” notification varnishes, feel free to conclude that a third-party app is the root of the problem. To be thorough, you should uninstall recently installed apps, especially those that require Internet connection to work. After you finish, restart your phone.
Note: There is another way to reach Safe Mode:
- Step 1: Press and hold the Power button then hit Power Off.
- Step 2: Press the Power button to turn your device back on and keep holding it until the animated logo appears.
- Step 3: Press the Volume Down button the moment the animated logo comes into view and keep holding it as your device boots.
What Exactly Is Setup Wizard?
Setup Wizard is a pre-installed tool in an Android phone to support the user in managing applications. The app performs many functions and permits users to install a custom ROM. With a premium license, Setup Wizard allows users to restore previous applications on new devices as well.
How To Run Setup Wizard
- Step 1: Open the Language dropdown menu to set the language.
- Step 2: Hit Accessibility at the bottom right to set up Screen reader, Visibility enhancements, and Interaction and dexterity.
- Step 3: Proceed to click Let’s go, check the End User License Agreement checkbox and pick Next.
- Step 4: In the Bring your old data for quicker setup screen, you could either hit Skip this for now or select your forms of connections then choose Next. Click your preferred Wi-Fi network to connect to and follow on-screen instructions. Enter your Google account details to log in then sync your Google account.
- Step 5: Pick a form of security to protect your phone and on-screen instructions to set it. You could also click Not now and if you do that, a prompt will alert you that the Device protection features will not be activated. Next, choose either No thanks to keep Google Assistant disabled or Turn on to activate it. Last but not least, enable/disable Google Service then hit Accept to wrap up the process.
I am a Software developer with approx 4 years of experience in building various responsive and beautiful websites and apps.
Language: Ruby, Java, HTML/CSS, Android
Frameworks: Ruby on Rails, Hosting: Heroku, Godaddy
Database: Mysql, Postgres, Mongo, Oracle
Also please look on my stack overflow profile.