If Event Viewer logs an entry “Session “CldFltLog” failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022”, there must be a lack of permissions and you should check out your permissions. Aside from that, you may want to run SFC and DISM scans, turn off the firewall, launch Process Monitor Tool, boot into safe mode and perform a repair install. Spare a bit of your time to check out this article to dismiss the issue on your own.
Approaches To The Situation
Take Into Account Permissions
If you can trace the root of entry back to a particular application, you should consider checking out its permission at the earliest opportunity.
- Step 1: Right-click the shortcut of the application then pick Properties.
- Step 2: Go to the Security tab then hit Edit.
- Step 3: Click Administrator’s username and determine whether the checkbox next to Full control is checked.
- Step 4: Repeat the procedure above to give all users and groups full control.
- Step 5: Select Apply then choose OK to save changes
Run SFC And DISM Scan
System File Checker (SFC) and Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) excel in taking care of corrupted system files. If you suspect corruption to be behind “Session “CldFltLog” failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022”, run SFC and DISM scan.
- Step 1: Type cmd in the search bar, right-click Command Prompt and pick Run as administrator.
- Step 2: In Command Prompt (Admin), type sfc /scannow on then hit Enter to run SFC scan.
- Step 3: After the SFC scan finishes, type DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth then hit Enter to run the DISM scan.
- Step 4: Type exit and hit Enter.
- Step 5: Restart your computer.
Turn Off The Firewall
- Step 1: Press the Windows key then hit the gear icon to open Settings.
- Step 2: Select Update & Security and go to Windows Security.
- Step 3: Pick Open Windows Security then choose Firewall & network protection.
- Step 4: Go to Domain network, Private network and Public network then toggle the Microsoft Defender Firewall switch in each of them to “disabled”.
- Step 5: Close Settings, restart your computer and see how things turn out.
Use Process Monitor Tool
- Step 1: Launch your browser, visit the Microsoft website and download the Process Monitor tool.
- Step 2: Double-click the setup file, follow the installation prompts and launch the tool.
- Step 3: Run the application that you believe to be the root cause then wait for the entry to appear in Event Viewer.
- Step 4: Click File and pick Capture Events.
- Step 5: Press CTRL + L to open Process Monitor Filter and filter out all the lines that do not belong to the target application.
- Step 6: Search for events with the result column as ACCESS DENIED.
After identifying the DLL file with ACCESS DENIED, you must go through the following steps:
- Step 1: Press the Windows key then type the name of your application.
- Step 2: Pick Open file location then right-click the DLL file.
- Step 3: Select Properties then go to the Security tab
- Step 4: Hit Continue then choose Add.
- Step 5: Type users in the “Enter the object names to select” box, click Check Names then hit OK
- Step 6: Set the access levels for the newly added user to Read & Execute and Read access
Boot Into Safe Mode
Safe Mode could narrow down to the one responsible for the “Session “CldFltLog” failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022” entry in Event Viewer.
- Step 1: Press Windows + X to open the Quick link menu.
- Step 2: Move your cursor to Shut down or sign out then press and hold the Shift key as you hit Restart.
- Step 3: In the Advanced Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot and choose Advanced.
- Step 4: Pick Startup Settings then Hit Restart.
- Step 5: Once the PC restarts, click Enable Safe Mode to boot your computer into Safe Mode.
- Step 6: In safe mode, open the Event Viewer then check if the entry still appears.
- Step 7: If the entry vanishes, restart to normal boot and uninstall recently installed applications.
Perform A Repair Install
If all the above solutions failed to address the error, you will have to reinstall Windows while keeping your files intact. This can be achieved using the Media Creation Tool.
- Step 1: Open your web browser then visit the Microsoft website.
- Step 2: Go to the Windows Downloads page, navigate to Create Windows 10 installation media and hit “Download Tool Now.”
- Step 3: Once the download completes, double-click the setup file then follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- Step 4: Open Media Creation Tool, read the terms and conditions, check the box beside I accept the license terms and click Accept.
- Step 5: Select Upgrade this PC now and choose Next.
- Step 6: When the Windows download wraps up, check your preferences then hit Install.
- Step 7: Choose the account you want to sign in with and accept the privacy terms.
- Step 8: Input your password to sign in to your account.
What Might Have Gone Wrong
On Windows, permissions play a key role in a lot of processes. If the configuration of permissions is correct, computers could perform to their full potential. On the other hand, in the case that people mess up the permissions configuration, it’s natural for things to go haywire. Hence, if your PC stutters and you notice Event Viewer logging“Session “CldFltLog” failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022”, give permissions some thought.
Corrupted System Files
From system crashes to power outages, quite a few things could corrupt system files of Windows computers. Needless to say, as long as corruption exists in system files, there is no way for Windows to work as expected.
Issues With The Firewall
Generally speaking, firewall protects computers from attacks by monitoring incoming and outgoing network traffic. Still, since firewall is not perfect, it could deem activities of harmless apps to be malicious and proceed to isolate them. One consequence of that is the stuttering of Windows.
How Do I Stop My Windows PC From Stuttering As I Watch Online Videos?
There are multiple ways to solve the random freezing and stuttering while watching online videos. First, ensure your GPU driver is up to date and if necessary, update it via Device Manager or download updates from the manufacturer’s website. Besides that, you should also update your streaming application through the Microsoft Store or the developer’s site. Lastly, determine whether your computer meets the minimum requirements that the application developers set out.
Does Overclocking Damage Hardware Over Time?
If you use your computer for heavy operations like gaming or video editing, it’s fine to make use of overclocking. However, while overclocking improves performance, it shortens the life of hardware in the long run. Thus, it’s best to invest in a PC that suits your usage from the get-go instead of relying on overclocking.
A Guide For Beginners
- To speed up computer operations, swap Hard Disk Drive (HDDD) for Solid State Drive (SSD).
- Leave your PC idle for a few minutes after booting it up. By doing so, you could ensure that everything is up and running.
- To keep stuttering to the minimum, reduce the number of programs that run upon startup.
Tuan Do is an accomplished author, content provider, and IT specialist with a strong background in computer science. Having studied IT at Hanoi Bach Khoa University, he possesses extensive knowledge in the field and specializes in Microsoft Windows. Tuan plays a vital role as a valued member of 4G Britain magazine, where he provides engaging content, tutorials, and practical fixes for readers. His expertise allows him to simplify complex concepts, making him a reliable source of accurate and insightful tech information. With a deep passion for technology, Tuan is committed to keeping readers informed about the latest advancements in the industry. Through his contributions to 4G Britain, he empowers both tech enthusiasts and professionals by delivering valuable insights and solutions. Tuan’s dedication to providing exceptional content ensures that readers can rely on him as a trustworthy resource in the ever-evolving world of technology.