If your Samsung S5 won’t connect to computer, there is a good chance that you have yet to unlock the screen. Hence, the best solution is to determine whether you have unlocked the screen of your Samsung phone. If the issue persists, it’s strongly recommended that you check out the USB cable, enable USB Debugging, download and install Samsung USB Driver, etc. Continue reading to be able to establish connection between your Samsung S5 and your PC.
What Must Be Done
Unlock The Screen
In case you don’t know, Android devices including Samsung S5 won’t allow computers to access data on them if the screen is locked. That is part of security measures a lot of phones nowadays use to prevent unauthorized access. You have a hard time getting your Samsung S5 to connect to your PC? Then it’s a good idea to make sure that the screen of the device is unlocked.
Check Out The USB Cable
All in all, the USB cable plays a key role in establishing connection between your Samsung S5 and your PC. Thus, for good measure, you should take a look at the USB cable if your Samsung S5 won’t connect to computer. In the case that the cable is loosely connected to the devices, proceed to secure the connection. If the cable is damaged, look for a replacement.
Note: Depending on the situation, it’s wise to inspect and examine the USB ports of your Samsung and your PC. If one of the ports is dirty, damaged and so on, you must bring it back to working order.
Enable USB Debugging And MTP Mode
- Step 1: Open Settings, hit About device and tap Build Number option seven times to enable Developer Options.
- Step 2: Back out to Settings, make your way to Developer Options and toggle on the USB Debugging switch. Also, locate Select USB Configuration, choose it and tick the MTP circle.
- Step 3: Connect your Samsung S5 to your PC then see how things turn out.
Download And Install Samsung USB Driver
- Step 1: Launch the web browser on your computer, visit Samsung website and download the latest version of Samsung USB Driver for Samsung S5.
- Step 2: Right-click the downloaded file, pick Extract here and double-click the extracted file. Afterward, hit Next, select your preferred Language and Region, choose Next, determine the installation destination then hit Install.
- Step 3: The moment the installation completes, hit Finish, connect your Samsung S5 to your PC and witness the result.
How Do I Add My Fingerprint To Samsung S5?
- Step 1: Open Settings, click Finger Scanner and pick Fingerprint Manager.
- Step 2: Hit OK then swipe your finger on the home button till the fingerprint is added to your device. Remember to enter your backup password and confirm it.
- Step 3: Select Done then choose OK to wrap up the process.
Is There A Way To Move Apps From Internal Memory To SD Card On Samsung S5?
- Step 1: Open Settings, select Applications and choose Application Manager.
- Step 2: Click the app you want to move to the SD card then pick Move to SD card.
What Are The Types Of Motions And Gestures Available On Samsung S5?
On Samsung S5, the available motions and gestures include:
- Air Browse: Scrolling the page by moving the hand over the sensor
- Direct call: Lifting the call directly when you place the device at the ear
- Smart Alert.
- Palm Swipe to Capture.
In order to make use of motion and gestures, go through the below steps:
- Step 1: Open Settings.
- Step 2: Hit Motion and Gestures.
- Step 2: Enable motions and gestures you want to use.