In discussions about Samsung phones, same contact under two different names Samsung is a topic that attracts special attention from the community. At the moment, Samsung users could save multiple names to one contact by creating contact groups. New to Samsung devices and don’t know what must be done? Then you should find this article helpful.
How To Create A Contact Group
On Samsung phones, it’s possible to create groups of contacts in times of need. In a contact group, you can add as many names as you like which enables you to manage multiple contacts and send messages to all members at the same time. The limit for sending SMS messages is twenty participants per group.
- Step 1: Launch Contacts.
- Step 2: Click the three-line icon, pick the drop-down arrow next to Group and hit Create group
- Step 3: Enter the Group name then add the Group ringtone
- Step 4: Select + Add member to add contacts to the Group, choose Contacts and hit Done.
- Step 5: Click the line icon next to the contact name if you want to remove it from the group and pick Save to save your new Group.
Note: To edit a contact group, go through the steps down below:
- Step 1: In Contacts, click the Menu icon and pick the Group you want to edit.
- Step 2: Hit the three-dot icon in the top right screen to Delete or Send a message.
- Step 3: Choose the pencil icon to edit or add new members to the group.
How Do I Import And Export Contacts From SIM Card On Samsung?
Android 10.0 and above
- Step 1: Launch Contacts, select the three-line icon and choose Import/export Contacts
- Step 2: Tap Import/Export depending on your demand, press SIM card and hit the Import/Export button
- Step 3: Select the contact numbers you want to import/export, choose Done and hit OK to confirm
- Step 1: Launch Contacts, click the three-line icon, pick Manage contacts and hit Import/export Contacts
- Step 2: Tap Import/Export depending on your demand, press SIM card and hit Contacts you want to add in.
- Step 3: Proceed to hit Import/Export again to confirm.
Android 7.0 – 8.0
- Step 1: Launch Contacts, click the three-dot icon and pick Settings.
- Step 2: Press Import/Export contacts then tap either Import or Export buttons depending on your demand.
- Step 3: Select the location to save Contacts, choose Contacts you want to export/import and hit DONE to finish.
Android 4.4 – 6.1
- Step 1: Launch Contacts from the Home screen, select the three-dot icon and choose Settings
- Step 2: Choose Contacts, go to Import/Export contacts, select between Import from device storage and Export to device storage then choose a location to save contacts.
Android 4.1 – 4.3.1
- Step 1: Launch Contacts, press the Menu icon and choose Import/Export
- Step 2: Choose your preferred option and the saved location for your contacts.
- Step 3: A process at the top left screen will appear, and after the process, your contacts will be imported or exported to your wanted locations.
Is It Possible To Transfer Contacts Via Bluetooth On Samsung?
The answer is yes. Follow these steps to use Bluetooth to transfer contacts:
- Step 1: Turn on Bluetooth on both devices. Also, you must make sure that the Bluetooth settings are set to be visible to all devices. Hit the scan button to check all the available devices.
- Step 2: Pair with your preferred devices. Tap OK to proceed with the pairing process. On the other phone, confirm the request.
- Step 3A: Launch Contacts on your Samsung device, click the three-dot icon and pick Share
- Step 4A: Choose the preferable contacts then select Share at the bottom of the screen
- Step 5A: Select Bluetooth, choose the paired device and wait as contacts get transferred.
- Step 3B: Launch Contacts, tap MORE on the top right screen and press Share
- Step 4B: Check the checkbox next to each of the contacts you want to share, click Share and pick the Bluetooth icon.
- Step 5B: Select the paired device then on the paired device, choose to accept the files.
- Step 3C: Launch Contacts from the Home screen, tap the Menu button and press Import/Export
- Step 4C: Choose Share namecard via option, check the checkboxes next to Contacts you want to share and select Done after you finish.
- Step 5C: Select Bluetooth and choose Just once.