Your clock widget may disappear because of one reason or the other. This usually happens after a software update.
To restore the clock on your android screen, however, you need to follow the steps below.
- Step 1: On your home screen, long-press on a space.
- Step 2: Touch “widgets” at the base of the screen.
- Step 3: Find a clock widget and long-press it.
- Step 4: Move the clock widget to the home screen with a swipe of your finger.
By following the steps above, you have successfully restored the clock on your Android screen.
However, if you could not restore it, that means you need to download a clock app from the play store.
Besides, you can also download the app if you don’t like the clock widget on your Android device.
To download a clock widget:
- Step 1: On your Android device, go to the Google play store.
- Step 2: Search for a clock app.
- Step 3: Download and install the app on your device.
Now that you have a clock widget on your screen, what next?
You can use the clock to set alarms, a bedtime schedule, or use its stopwatch even. How to perform all these activities with your clock has been discussed below.
How To Set An Alarm
Alarms serve as a reminder for a task or to stop you from slipping off accidentally. It is a good thing this important feature is available on all Android devices.
If you are having difficulties setting or cancelling an alarm on your Android device, follow the steps below.
To set an alarm:
- Step 1: Tap the clock widget on your home screen. If you can’t find it, go to apps and select it.
- Step 2: In the clock app, touch the “Alarm” tab at the top-left of your screen.
- Step 3: At the bottom-right corner of your screen, tap the plus symbol (+).
- Step 4: Navigate through the numbers to set the alarm time.
- Step 5: To set the date, tap “Date”
- Step 6: If you want the alarm to ring continuously, tap “Repeat”
- Step 7: Choose the vibration, the alarm sound, or snooze that you want. Don’t forget that you can also name them.
- Step 8: You can now press “Save”
To cancel an alarm:
Cancelling or deleting an alarm depends on the Android version of your device. Look below for your Android version and how to cancel its alarm.
Android version 2.2
- Step 1: On your device, go to “Apps”
- Step 2: Select “Alarm & timer”
- Step 3: Touch the “Alarm” tab at the top of your screen.
- Step 4: You will see the alarms that are set up on your device with checkboxes next to them.
- Step 5: Search for the alarm you want to cancel and uncheck its box.
Android version 2.3
- Step 1: On your device home screen, select “Apps”
- Step 2: Tap “Clock”
- Step 3: Select “Alarm”
- Step 4: Touch “Menu”
- Step 5: Select “Delete” and a list of alarms that are set up on your device will appear.
- Step 6: Search for the alarm you want to delete and tap the checkmark next to it.
- Step 7: Select “Delete” to cancel the alarm.
Android version 4.0
- Step 1: On your device homes screen, go to “Apps”
- Step 2: Touch “Clock”
- Step 3: Tap “Set alarm”
- Step 4: Long press the alarm you want to delete until the option appears.
- Step 5: Select “Delete alarm”
How To Set A Bedtime Schedule And Wake-Up Time
To create a consistent sleep routine, you need a bedtime schedule. This will help you manage the time you spend sleeping. If you don’t know how to create a bedtime schedule using the clock app, follow the steps below.
Note that the bedtime alarm will be displayed also in the alarm tab.
- Step 1: On your device home screen, go to “Apps”
- Step 2: Select “Bedtime”
- Step 3: On the “Schedule” section, select the time close to bedtime.
- Step 4: Set a time and days you would like to use your bedtime routine.
- Step 5: Choose any of the following modes.
Reminder mode: To alert you when it is time to sleep.
Bedtime mode: Your phone will automatically go silent and the screen color disappears.
- Step 6: Select the time under the “Wake-up” section.
- Step 7: Select the time and days you want to use the wake-up alarm.
- Step 8: Choose any of the following modes.
Sound: To choose your alarm sound.
Vibration: To enable vibration for the alarm.
Sunrise: To brighten your device screen 15 minutes before the wake-up time.
The clock is an important feature in every device. If yours doesn’t display on the home screen, you need to fix it or download another. Features like alarm, stopwatch, and bedtime schedules are other advantages of having a clock on your device.