The Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone was launched in April 2017. Among all the wonderful features that come with this smartphone, one stands out. In fact, this device has a feature that allows you to customize the background of your text messaging app. Sound’s nice, right?
Especially if you are tired of the white background on your text messaging app. This feature gives you a comfortable feeling whenever you are texting. Besides this, it is suitable for users with a visual impediment.
How do you access and use this feature? Look below for answers to that question.
- Step 1: Open any text messaging app on your device
- Step 2: Click the more tab in the upper right-hand corner.
- Step 3: Select “settings”.
- Step 4: Click on “background” among the list of options.
- Step 5: Select any of the background images you want to change to.
- Step 6: You can also upload your photo as a background image. This must be a photo that has been saved on your phone.
The whole process was easy, right? Well, this is where a problem comes in.
Most users have complained that the feature disappeared after an update. Are you one of them?
Don’t worry, the problem will be solved in a later update. However, if you have any problem with your galaxy s8. You are advised to read further. Common problems with the device and how to solve them have been discussed below.
Common Problems With Galaxy S8 And How To Fix Them
For every smartphone with modern technologies, certain problems can’t be far from it. You just have to know these problems and how to fix them so you can enjoy your device. These problems can be as little as ten or as big as a dozen, all depending on the device. You should look below.
Problem 1: App Icon Badges Not Working
If your app icon badge is not working, you can’t receive notifications. This notification indicates a new message. There are a few ways to fix this.
Method 1: Go to “settings” and tap “notifications”.
- Make sure the App icon badge is enabled.
- Scroll down also, to make sure it has not been disabled for individual apps.
Method 2: Another alternative is this.
- Go to “Settings”, click on “Apps”.
- Tap “Menu” or the three dots at your top right.
- Select “special access” and then “notification access”.
- Ensure that “Samsung DeX Home is toggled on.
Method 3: The two solutions above won’t work if you are using a different launcher. Use Nova Launcher, then install the Notifier app to go with it.
Problem 2: Red-Tinted Display
Some users have complained of red color on the edges of the screen. While others see a tinge of pink whenever they view a white background. Look at some solutions below.
Method 1: A software update has been released by Samsung to tackle this problem.
- Go to “settings” and click on “software update”.
- Download and install the latest version of your software.
Method 2: If the solution above cannot work for you, adjust the color display.
- You can do so by going to “settings”.
- Click on “display” and select “visibility enhancements”.
- Tap “color adjustment”.
Method 3: After trying every solution possible and the problem persists. Contact your retailer and ask for a replacement.
Problem 3: Moisture In Charging Port
This is a pop up on your phone to notify you of any moisture in the charging area. To prevent an electric shock, that is. But what if the pop up becomes stuck on your screen and refuses to go?
- Method 1: Dry your device properly. It is believed that leaving the phone in a bowl of uncooked rice overnight can help. You should try that also to see if the problem can be solved.
- Method 2: Ensure that you are using the charger that comes with your device.
- Method 3: Try to power on the phone if it is dry.
- Method 4: Clean the device port with cotton wool and alcohol.
- Method 5: Try using a wireless charging pad to charge your device. This method has proven to work in this case.
- Method 5: If all the solutions above don’t work, there is a last and final resort. You should consider a factory reset. However, back up everything in your device, so you don’t lose them.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 is a device with amazing features, but not devoid of problems. Changing the background on your text message app should be a walk in the park. Except if you had just recently updated your phone. Some galaxy S8 users, who have done the same, complained that the background customization feature has disappeared. There is no solution if this should be your case. But try to contact the device manufacturer or request a replacement from your retailer.
I am a Software developer with approx 4 years of experience in building various responsive and beautiful websites and apps.
Language: Ruby, Java, HTML/CSS, Android
Frameworks: Ruby on Rails, Hosting: Heroku, Godaddy
Database: Mysql, Postgres, Mongo, Oracle
Also please look on my stack overflow profile.