If you’re a huge fan of streaming and on-demand movies, TV shows, and music, you have probably wandered across the Internet to search for specific types of media streaming applications. Fortunately, there are a bunch of options for you, but we would say Kodi will live up to your expectation.
Kodi is an open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub available for Linux, OSX, Windows, iOS, and Android with endless features and a vast selection of created Add-ons. With Kodi, you’re able to view and play different kinds of media files (videos, music, podcasts) from easy to use interface.
So, if you’re using Chromebook and want to run the world’s most popular home theater application but don’t know how to install it, let we give you ways to install Kodi on Chromebook.
Install Kodi on Chromebook from Google Play Store
Downloading and installing Kodi on Chromebook will be easy and simple if your Chromebook supports Android apps and has access to the Google Play Store. Here is how to do.
Step1: Launch the Google Play Store app.
Step 2: Search “Kodi”. After a list of search results appear, find Kodi on this list and click on its icon
Step 3: Click Install.
So just some simple steps, you now have Kodi for your Chromebook.
Install Kodi via ARC Welder
- Step 1: Go to the Chrome Web Store and get ARC Welder downloaded and installed
- Step 2: Go to Kodi’s official website and click on the Android logo. You can choose from a 32bit or 64bit version. To select the right version, you can type ‘chrome://help’ in Chrome’s address bar where you’ll see if you’re running a 32bit or 64bit version of Chrome.
- Step 3: Open ARC.
- Step 4: Click on the plus sign (+) in an orange circle to “Add your APK”.
- Step 5: Select the APK you downloaded.
- Step 6: Click Open
When you finish, you’ll be given some options for how to run Kodi.
Set Kodi on Chromebook: Kodi Chrome extension
Despite ARC’s advantage, it doesn’t allow you to use multiple apps at the same time, so whenever you want to use Kodi, you have to test it.
Fortunately, another alternative workaround for you is to can set Kodi as a Chrome extension. What are you waiting for? Follow this step by step guide.
- Step 1: Open a new Chrome browser.
- Step 2: Click on the three stacked dots in the top right corner of your browser and then scroll down to More Tools.
- Step 3: Select “extensions”.
- Step 4: Check the “Developer mode” if it isn’t already checked.
- Step 5: Click Load Unpacked Extensions at the top left.
- Step 6: Locate your Downloads folder and find the Kodi .APK file you created with ARC.
- Step 7: Click Open.
Now you can use Kodi anytime because the Kodi extension was successfully created in your Chrome.
Do we miss anything? If you have any helpful tips and ways to install Kodi Apk file on Chromebook, be free to share with us in the comments!