No matter what you are doing, android users getting the notification of your device trash is full can be something very annoying. This article deals with different scenarios that can result in the problem and the solution to the problems.
Android Trash Can
It seems so long ago when we have our java phones with the 1Gb and 2Gb memory card. At this time, we need not worry about the big files we worry about today because there are no big files used with java devices
Nowadays, with the presence of android devices and other smartphones, required to be up to the task of different technological advancements. There was a need for large memory spaces for playing the videos and storing music, among other things.
Therefore, it is a common thing to see new android devices popping up with exorbitant file space. For example, new android devices are more with 32Gb, 64Gb even up to 1Tb I some android devices.
It is important to know that your android device does not have a trash can feature, which is known as the recycle bin in the windows operating system. The reason for this is that files and data in the trash can take up space.
Windows and macs have a large amount of space for storing data. They can even afford to have some for trash, although there is also a limit on the number of deleted files that the trash (also known as the recycle bin can tolerate.
Android Trash, therefore, is not because of the operating system since it does not have the features but based on the many apps that are using the trash can feature.
This article will treat questions that come in many forms, such as:
- How to clear junk files on an Android phone?
- “Your device trash is full” message when deleting photos and videos
- How do I empty the photo trash?
- Ten quick ways to clear space on an overstuffed Android device
- Methods to Empty Trash and Remove Junk Files on Android
With the help of third-party applications, it is now easy to remove junk files from your android device, instead of visiting each app contributing to the junk. If you are thinking of removing junks based on your file manager, you are wasting your time.
Junk files are because of the formation of the cache by the many applications on the Android operating system. This cache is stored in the respective folder of the app that has them.
Examples of the many apps on Android that store a large amount of cache are YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
All this is done to help improve the users’ experience and sometimes minimize the data ( for example, on YouTube) even though it takes up space.
To solve the problem, I will recommend some applications that you can download, these applications are:
- Phone Master: This application is one of the best in the scanning of phone storage and the removal of junks. It also allows you to perform a deep scan on your phone to remove old movies and files that have gotten lost in your file manager. It is a lifesaver in deleting the cache of any application on your phone and saving battery. You can download the app here
- Files Go: This application was made by Google, and it is efficient in the removal of any unnecessary files on your device. It can scan the device storage and get rid of cache or any other file taken your storage. One of the things I love is the fact that it can notify me of things that are copies of each other so that I can remove them. You can download the application here
If you are not comfortable with the use of the two applications, there are many others such as Clear cache, 1 tap cleaner, smart, clean free, and others.
This application is one of the places where most people have the problem of your device trash is full. The app was designed to hold pictures and short minute videos after they have been deleted.
However, there is a limit, and there will come a time when it will not allow you to delete other things (except you want to delete them permanently), and you will see something like your device trash is full on the screen.
With the error popping up, any photo or video you delete will be deleted permanently. Therefore, anything that you delete will not be available for you when you want to restore it.
How then do you fix it when your device trash is full on Google Photo? Note that you can apply these methods to any other application that uses the trash option.
follow these methods:
EMPTY THE TRASH CAN
Delete all the photos and videos that were saved in the trash. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Google Photo application on your android device
- Press the three-bar icon on the top left corner of the phone
- This action should open the navigation bar
- You will see the option “BIN” on the sidebar, open it
- Select the three-dot menu at the top right corner beside the restore button
- Click on Empty bin
After performing the last step, all the videos and photos present on your Google Photos’ trash will be emptied. However, you run the risk of losing them if they are not properly backed up.
CLEAR THE CACHE AND DATA
This method is also efficient, but you run the risk of losing your files. Before attempting the technique, make sure that the files you have in the trash are not important to you. If they are important to you, restore them and back it up on your computer or other devices before attempting to clear the trash.
To clear the trash, follow these methods:
- Navigate to Settings > Applications > Photos
- Click on Storage
- You should see a high volume of space taken by the cache
- Select Clear cache
If you perform this method, it does not mean that all the files present on Google Photos will be deleted. The files are stored online (so far you have backed them up) and you need not worry about them
UNINSTALL RECENT UPDATES
The app showing android trash is full and not allowing you to delete pictures, and videos might be due to a recent update. You cannot uninstall the application itself. However, you can uninstall the updates. To uninstall, you can follow these steps:
- Navigate to Google Play Store
- Search for Google Photos
- Open it and uninstall (this will bring it to the factory version)
- Update it back
You can then do whatever you want to do as regards the trash.
SAVE IMAGES AND VIDEOS ON CLOUD
Your images and videos can be saved on the google cloud. So far, the total space associated with them is not more than 15Gb. With the Cloud, you can save as many videos and images that you want. To remove the option of android trash is full from your application, you can use the Free-up-Space mode on the applications menu. After activating this mode, all pictures and videos will be saved on the Cloud and not your phone.
I am a Software developer with approx 4 years of experience in building various responsive and beautiful websites and apps.
Language: Ruby, Java, HTML/CSS, Android
Frameworks: Ruby on Rails, Hosting: Heroku, Godaddy
Database: Mysql, Postgres, Mongo, Oracle
Also please look on my stack overflow profile.