All computer processes need resources (CPU, memory, disk, etc) to run so to get the most out of a PC, it’s a good idea to keep an eye on resources. To see the amount of resources processes on computers uses, all people have to do is to open Task Manager. Usually, sophisticated processes eat up a lot of resources but if one process hogs a big chunk of CPU, there may be issues. Give this article a read if you like to learn everything about CxUIUSvc Service high CPU usage.
CxUIUSvc Using Too Much CPU: Solutions
Stop The CxUIUSvc Service
Once it comes to CxUIUSvc service high CPU, you should consider stopping the CxUIUSvc service.
- Step 1: Press Ctrl + Alt + Escape then pick Task Manager.
- Step 2: In the Processes tab, search for the CxUIUSvc service, select it and choose End task.
- Step 5: Close Task Manager.
Update The Synaptics Driver
All in all, if CxUIUSvc service consumes too much CPU usage on your laptop, it would interfere with the performance of other features. Still, the situation can be addressed by updating the Synaptics HD audio driver to the latest version.
- Step 1: Connect your laptop to the Internet.
- Step 2: Go to Search bar, type Device Manager and press Enter.
- Step 3: In Device Manager, scroll down, locate and right-click Synaptics HD audio.
- Step 4: Hit Update driver then pick Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Step 5: Wait for the update to complete.
Conexant SmartAudio II Vs. RealTek HD Audio Manager
Standard laptops ship out with audio chipsets from either Conexant or RealTek. These audio chipsets are controlled using their respective driver interfaces namely Conexant SmartAudio II and RealTek HD Audio Manager. Here is a comparison of them.
Conexant SmartAudio II
Conexant SmartAudio II is a driver interface which enables users to control the audio settings associated with the Conexant audio chipset. It is fully compatible with the Windows 10 operating system.
With Conexant SmartAudio II, the user can control specific aspects of the audio hardware. The SmartAudio implemented in this audio system is unique. Invented by the Warner Brothers’ pay TV company TBS in 2015, SmartAudio is a combination of audio and digital signals. As a result, the Conexant SmartAudio II driver interface provides users with studio-quality sound.
RealTek HD Audio Manager
The RealTek HD Audio Manager is a versatile audio driver that can support a wide range of sound technologies. Supported sound technologies include DTS and Dolby Surround Sound. By using the RealTek HD Audio Manager, you can adjust the audio configuration of your computer. For example, a user can utilize the Room Correction tab to adjust the audio delivery from each speaker in a surround sound setup. The RealTek company is still actively providing audio chipsets for Windows computers.
What Is The CxUIUSvc Service Used For?
The CxUIUSvc Service is associated with the CxUtilSvc.exe file, a component of Conexant SmartAudio II driver interface. Conexant SmartAudio II is developed for the Windows 10 computer systems by Conexant Systems.
How Does The Conexant SmartAudio II Operate?
This is a driver interface which enables the user to manipulate the program settings that are directly related to Conexant audio chipsets.
Is Conexant SmartAudio II A Must-have?
The Conexant SmartAudio II driver is important because it provides your operating system with instructions for processing sound output and input. In doing so, it ensures that audio signals from the sound card reach the speakers.
Can I remove Conexant from my computer?
Yes, you can. Open Device Manager then Sound, video and game controllers. Identify Conexant, right-click it and click Uninstall device. Follow the wizard’s prompts to complete the uninstallation process successfully.
What happens when the CPU usage is too high?
When the CPU usage is too high, programs will take longer to load or save work. As the usage continues to escalate, applications will begin to freeze. This is because the processor is dealing with too many commands at the same time. Eventually, your computer will shut down and require a reboot.
- Use the Programs and Features section to uninstall unnecessary software from your computer and free up disk space. Doing this will improve the performance of your system.
- Employ the Disk Cleanup utility in your Drive C Properties box to identify and delete temporary files, web pages and installer applications from your computer system. Utilizing this facility will clear out space and boost operational speed.
- Do you run photo and video editing software and need quicker performance? Attach a startup Solid State Drive (SSD) through the USB 3.0 port of your computer. This startup drive will help your computer to launch and run faster. This results in more productivity on your end.
- Clean out the cache memory in your browser on a regular basis so that pages, images and videos can load faster. Deleting the history in your browser eliminates lag time and increases overall system velocity.
- Visit the Drive C Properties box to defragment your computer at least once per month. This makes sure that it is never more than 10% fragmented.
Tuan Do is an accomplished author, content provider, and IT specialist with a strong background in computer science. Having studied IT at Hanoi Bach Khoa University, he possesses extensive knowledge in the field and specializes in Microsoft Windows. Tuan plays a vital role as a valued member of 4G Britain magazine, where he provides engaging content, tutorials, and practical fixes for readers. His expertise allows him to simplify complex concepts, making him a reliable source of accurate and insightful tech information. With a deep passion for technology, Tuan is committed to keeping readers informed about the latest advancements in the industry. Through his contributions to 4G Britain, he empowers both tech enthusiasts and professionals by delivering valuable insights and solutions. Tuan’s dedication to providing exceptional content ensures that readers can rely on him as a trustworthy resource in the ever-evolving world of technology.