In discussions about messaging default apps on Android nowadays, it’s not uncommon to see people seeking instructions on how to make Allo default messaging app. You also want to set Google Allo as the default messaging app on your Android device but don’t know if it’s possible? Then it’s strongly recommended that you spare some time to take a look at this article. Down below is all the information you must keep in mind about Allo and the process of setting the default messaging app on Android.
An Overview Of Allo
Released in 2016, Google Allo was a free messaging app that created massive waves in the Android community owing to its many expressive animations, emojis, etc. Additionally, Allo received a shower of praise for the AI-powered chat service which helped users quickly get information on the Internet without having to open Google. That being said, Google Allo didn’t support cross-app chat so it was a less-than-ideal default messaging app. Last but not least, for many reasons, Google decided to discontinue Allo on March 13, 2019.
Fortunately, Google transferred some of the most popular features of Allo to Messages, the default messaging app on most Android devices, following the shutdown of Allo. Thus, while it’s not possible to make Allo default messaging app, you could use Messages and receive nearly the same experience.
Setting The Default Messaging App: Guidelines
- Step 1: Open Settings, select Apps/Apps & Notifications and choose Default apps. If Default apps is not visible, click Advanced and pick Default Apps. Alternatively, tap the three-dot icon at the top and press Default Apps.
- Step 2: Choose SMS app and hit Messages.
- Step 3: Test out the app.
Insights Into Chat Features Of Messages
- Send messages using Wi-Fi and mobile data.
- Create group conversations.
- Find out others’ message status
- Let others know the status of your messages.
- Share high-quality photos
To enable Chat Features in Android Messages, go through the following steps:
- Step 1: Open Messages, click the three-dot icon at the top right and pick Settings
- Step 2: Hit Chat Features then toggle on the Enable chat features switch.
- Step 3: Witness the result.
What Must Be Done To Pin A Conversation
- Step 1: Open Messages.
- Step 2: Press and hold the conversation you want to pin.
- Step 3: Hit Pin at the top to pin the conversation,
Note: You could only pin up to three conversations and it’s possible to view pinned messages on your device as well as Messenger for Web. To unpin a conversation, hold and press the pinned conversations then hit Unpin.
What Should I Do When Messages Can’t Be Delivered?
In the beginning, you should check out the cellular/Internet service. Messages will keep trying to send undelivered messages so it’s wise to move into open space to improve reception. If the messages can’t be sent no matter what, feel free to try converting them to SMS/MMS text. To do so, open Messages, tap the conversation with the undelivered message, press the timestamp and hit Switch to text (SMS/MMS).
How Do I Schedule Text Messages?
- Step 1: Open Messages, select a conversation and type in the message you want to send.
- Step 2: Press and hold the Send button then set the schedule. You could set the date with the calendar and the time with the clock.
- Step 3: After you finish, click Next and pick Send.
Note: The feature is only available for devices running on Android 7.0 and later OS. Also, if your device isn’t connected to Wi-Fi/mobile data at the scheduled time, the message will be sent when connection is reestablished.
Unblocking A Contact: Instructions
- Step 1: Open Messages, select the three-dot icon and choose Blocked contacts.
- Step 2: Locate the contact you want to unblock, select the X icon and choose Unblock to confirm.
I am a Software developer with approx 4 years of experience in building various responsive and beautiful websites and apps.
Language: Ruby, Java, HTML/CSS, Android
Frameworks: Ruby on Rails, Hosting: Heroku, Godaddy
Database: Mysql, Postgres, Mongo, Oracle