Generally speaking, bugs could cause Android phones to go haywire out of the blue and Android alarm won’t turn off is one of the consequences. For most of the time, Once it comes to getting rid of Android bugs, nothing works as well as restarting. If the issue persists, you should consider resetting app preferences, clearing the Clock app cache, checking out the Calendar app, turning on the notification for the Alarm and applying changes to Clock settings. Check out this article and put an end to the non-stop alarm on your Android phone.
Causes Of The Error
Usually, Android users should be able to manipulate the alarm on their devices with relative ease. However, in the case that Android alarm won’t turn off, you should give the following possibilities some thought:
- App preferences
What Must Be Done
- Step 1: Long-press the Power button and select the Power Off option to turn off your phone.
- Step 2: Wait for a minute, long-press the Power button and let it go the moment the device vibrates
- Step 3: See how things turn out.
Reset The App Preferences
If there is a bug in the Clock app settings, a simple method is resetting the app preferences and bringing your phone back to the default settings without clearing any data.
- Steps 1: Launch the Settings, click Apps and pick All Apps.
- Step 2: Choose the three-dot option on the top right, tap the Reset preferences option, then hit Reset apps for confirmation.
Clear The Clock Cache
- Step 1: Go to Settings, select Storage, and tap on Apps/Other Apps.
- Step 2: Locate the Clock app, select it, choose the Clear cache option and hit OK to confirm.
Check Out The Calendar
There is a possibility that you have set a reminder on your Calendar app and when the reminder goes off, it could be easily mistaken for the Alarm. To be thorough, you should navigate to your Calendar app, turn off the reminder and determine whether the issue persists.
Turn On Notification For Alarm
Another possible reason for the persisting alarm is that your alarm’s notification is not enabled which prevents “Snooze” and “Dismiss” from showing up on your phone. In that case, it’s difficult to turn off the alarm. Your best bet is to turn on the notification by following these steps:
- Step 1: Navigate to Settings, locate Notifications and hit it.
- Step 2: Click App settings, pick the dropdown menu and tap All apps. Proceed to press on the Clock app.
- Step 3: Turn on the Allow Notifications option for your Clock app.
Change The Clock Settings
- Step 1: Go to the Clock app then navigate to the Alarm tab
- Step 2: On the Alarm screen, click the Settings button next to the Home button and choose the Settings option.
- Step 3: Select the Side Button Behaviour option then set it to Dismiss. Now, your side buttons will function as the Dismiss Button so press it once when you hear an alarm to turn it off.
What Are the Steps To Set Up A Bedtime And Wake-up Time?
- Step 1: Launch the Clock app, and go to the Bedtime tab.
- Step 2: Tap on the time under Bedtime on the Schedule card, and select Reminder notification or Bedtime mode to set up your Bedtime.
- Step 3: Press on the time under Wake up, set a wake-up time and days, and select Sunrise alarm, Sound, Vibrate, or Google Assistant Support to proceed with the setup.
Ways To Customize Clock On Android
Switch between analog & digital
- Step 1: Launch the Clock app then tap on the three-dot icon.
- Step 2: Select Settings, hit Style and choose your preferred option.
Show or hide seconds
- Step 1: Navigate to the Clock, select the three-dot option and choose Settings.
- Step 2: Tap Display time with seconds
Turn on the 24-hour format
- Step 1: Open the Clock app, click More and pick Settings
- Step 2: Tap Change date & time option then press Use 24-hour format.
Change your clock display in your screen saver
- Step 1: Launch the Clock app, tap the More button and press Settings.
- Step 2: Set up your clock display in your screen saver:
- Tap Style and choose Analog or Digital
- Tap Night Mode to enable dimming for dark environments.
Show your clock dimmed on a blank screen
- Step 1: Navigate to your Clock app, click the three-dot icon and pick Screen saver.
- Step 2: Proceed to tap your screen once to wake it up.
Note: Your dimmed clock can be kept overnight.