The Samsung Gear Sport is a fitness tracking device. You can find it in various designs. Nonetheless, this device will be helpful if you want to track your fitness. Samsung always delivers with its unique technology.
However, a lot of problems have been associated with their fitness tracker. The major ones have been highlighted in this article. They include the Samsung gear sport, not counting steps. And devices not syncing properly.
If you are reading this article, it means you want to solve these problems. This article is sure not to disappoint in that aspect.
Why Your Samsung Gear Sport Is Not Counting Steps?
To find a solution to your problem, first, seek the cause. The reasons for this problem cannot be far-fetched. A few have been highlighted below.
- The software update may not have been properly applied.
- Make sure you have set up your tracking. This can be achieved by going through the “Activity onboarding”.
- Make sure your device is synced to the app. And the phone’s battery is not dead.
- Hold nothing in the same hand as the device when walking.
- The last reason is that sensors and algorithms ignore false movements. These false movements include moving your arm without taking a step.
Now that you have known the possible reasons for this problem. The next step is to find a solution that can be achieved by going further down this article.
- Step 1: Make sure you verify your step count data source. This can be done in the “Samsung Health App”.
- Step 2: The next step is to try adjusting the watch band or strap.
- Step 3: If the above step doesn’t work, don’t fret. Try updating the software or try rebooting.
- Step 1: Go to the Apps screen and tap “Samsung Health”.
- Step 2: Rotate the bezel to settings and tap it.
- Step 3: Make sure you click on “Workout Detection”
- Step 4: The last step is to switch off the “elliptical trainer” and “Rowing machine” option. This action will make the icon turn grey.
The next available solution is to send a diagnostic report. The diagnostic report should be sent to the manufacturer’s software team through these steps.
- Step 1: On the watch, tap settings.
- Step 2: Click on the “About Gear” option.
- Step 3: Tap on “Report Diagnostics”.
- Step 4: Make sure the “Report Diagnostics” toggle is on.
- Step 5: On your phone, launch the “Galaxy Wearable” app.
- Step 6: Click on the “More” or “3 dots” feature.
- Step 7: Make sure you select the “Contact Us” option.
- Step 8: Click on “Error Reports”.
- Step 9: Input the symptoms of the problem.
- Step 10: Click on “Send”.
Please note that the solution above should be applied once the problem occurs. It can also be applied 15 minutes after the occurrence of the problem.
Try this solution if the previous ones, cannot work.
- Step 1: Update your firmware.
- Step 2: Clear gear app and plugins data.
- Step 3: Reset the watch and smartphone.
- Step 4: Check for software updates using the paired phone. This can be done by going through the Galaxy Wearable app for the watch.
By trying the solutions above your problem is now fixed.
However, if you’re having problems with syncing the watch and your phone. Make sure you check the below solutions.
How To Sync Samsung Health Data
Having problems syncing the Samsung health app to watch? Follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Make sure modes that restrict syncing are not on.
- Step 2: Ensure that the phone and watch are connected over Bluetooth.
- Step 3: Check for updates to watch and Samsung health app.
- Step 4: Uninstall and reinstall the Samsung health app.
- Step 5: Unpaid your watch, then reset it.
- Step 6: Request service. By following these steps, you have solved this problem.
How To Sync Samsung Galaxy Watch With Phone
If you are having problems syncing your phone and the watch together. These steps are for you to follow.
- Step 1: Disconnect your watch from the smartphone. Then reboot both devices. To disconnect, go-to apps. Click on galaxy wearable and select more options. You can now disconnect.
- Step 2: Make sure the smartphone will relay information to your watch.
- Step 3: Ensure that the Samsung health app is updated. Go to Google Play Store and check for app updates.
- Step 4: Clear the app cache for galaxy wearable and Samsung health. This can be done by clicking settings. Go to apps, then select both apps to clear the cache.
- Step 5: The last step is to reset your watch and phone.
Some users have said that these problems occurred after updating the software. If you are one of them, a specific software version should fix it. However, note that not all Samsung Gear Sport users have complained of these problems. It is not a general problem. And not applicable to everyone.