Placing, receiving, and answering calls with the LG G4 is very easy. If you are finding it hard to make and answer calls, then follow the steps below.
Place a call:
- Step 1: From the home screen, touch the “Phone” icon to make a call.
- Step 2: Dial the desired number and touch the “Call” icon.
- Step 3: If the call is active, it will be displayed in the notifications bar at the top of your phone.
Answer a call:
- Step 1: Swipe the “Answer” icon up to answer a call.
- Step 2: If you want to decline the incoming call, swipe the “Decline” icon up.
- Step 3: To reject a call with a message, swipe the “Decline with message” icon up.
- Step 4: Select the desired text message you want to send.
- Step 5: Swipe the “Answer” icon up to take an even you are on another call.
- Step 6: Swipe the “Decline” icon up to reject a call while on an active call.
It is easy, right? But there is a problem.
Most LG G4 users made complaints about the swipe to answer icon not working. Are you one of them?
Use the Answer Me Feature
This feature allows you to answer an incoming call just by bringing the phone to your ear.
Follow the steps below to activate this feature.
- Step 1: On your home screen, touch “Apps”.
- Step 2: Select “Settings”.
- Step 3: Tap “Gestures”.
- Step 4: Check the “Answer me” box.
- Step 5: Raise the phone to your ear when next you want to answer an incoming call.
You have known how to deal with the swipe problem when answering a call, but that’s not all.
Other Problems With The LG G4 And How To Fix Them
Below are other problems common with the LG G4 and how to fix them.
1. Touchscreen Issues:
If your device is not registering taps and swipes, it means the touchscreen is faulty. Sometimes a part of the screen may not work at all while the default keyboard may be slow.
- Solution 1: Check if the touchscreen causes your problem. To do this, Dial 277634#*# or 3845#*Model#, this will take you to the service menu. The model should be the version of your device.
In the service menu, open “Device test”, tap “Service menu”, select “Manual test”. Among the options displayed, select “Touch draw test” and tap “Manual”
If you cannot access the service menu, don’t fret. Download the “Multi-touch Test” app from the Google play store. You can also use it to see if your touchscreen is faulty.
- Solution 2: Where your default keyboard is slow, check for new software updates. If there isn’t, you need to download a third-party keyboard app from the play store.
- Solution 3: This problem can be solved by activating the “Force GPU Rendering” in the “Developer options”.
If you can’t find developer options, go to “settings”, tap “General” and “About phone”. Tap the “Build number” 7 times or until you see the developer options.
You can now go to the developer options and activate “Force GPU Rendering”
- Solution 4: Remove the screen protector if you are using one.
- Solution 5: If a part of your screen is not functioning, you need to replace the screen with a new one.
2. Notification LED Problems
If the notification LED of your LG G4 flashes continuously for no reason, it means there is an issue.
- Solution 1: Remove all third-party apps and check if the problem persists. This may cause your problem.
- Solution 2: You can also wait for a software update to fix this problem.
- Solution 3: Another option is to disable the notification LED on your LG G4. To do this, open “Settings” and tap “Sound & notification”. Then disable “Notification LED”.
3. Performance Issues
Where your device takes time before performing a function, it means there is a problem. Especially, stuttering when trying to switch between apps.
- Solution 1: Download the “Greenify” app from the Google play store. It will show you a list of apps active in waking your phone. You can then change the settings for those apps.
- Solution 2: Check if a third-party app is responsible for the problem. This can be done by booting your device into safe mode and see if the problem persists.
If the problem doesn’t persist, it means the fault is from the third-party then, uninstalls them. Another option is to perform a factory reset.
- Solution 3: Disable software features like “Smart bulletin”, “Smart notice”, and “Dual window”, if you don’t use them.
The LG G4 is a unique smartphone with amazing features. Just like every other smartphone, it has its issues. All you have to do is know these problems and how to fix them yourself.
However, know that not all LG G4 users experience these problems. You may not even experience any of them.