A band comprising 850 local U.S radio stations from iHeartMedia and other media is called the iHeartRadio. Created for music and radio lovers, you can stream the live radio from the web or download the app. An android phone with a stable internet connection is all that is required.
You can now take your radio listening experience to the next level. But there is a problem, you can’t record or download the iHeartRadio for offline listening.
They also offer a subscription package called iHeartRadio All Access for only $9.99 a month. It also includes a one-month free trial, which you can cancel if you are not satisfied with the service.
With this package, you can save or record any song you are streaming on iHeartRadio. If you can pay such an amount of money monthly, then you have no problems with recording.
If you want to record iHeartRadio and you don’t have the All Access package, follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Using Firefox, add-on Grab Any Media.
- Step 2: Go to the iHeartRadio station and press play to listen live.
- Step 3: After you are done with the recording, force stop Firefox.
- Step 4: Go to the download folder on your android phone.
- Step 5: Find the recording and rename the file to .mp3
With the steps above, you can record iHeartRadio on your android phone. That’s not all, there is more to come.
You can now record iHeartRadio on your android phone using other third-party apps.
What are these apps? They are third-party apps that allow you to record any audio streaming on your device. Sometimes, even videos can be recorded using them.
A list of third-party apps you can use to record iHeartRadio on android has been put together.
Apps For Recording iHeartRadio
Your android device must be version 10 or made by Samsung, Huawei, or Xiaomi to use these apps. Does your android device meet this requirement? If the answer is no, don’t worry as there is a solution.
The solution is to root your device before using any of the apps below. You should contact your manufacturer’s website for information on how to root your device.
1. Screen Recorder
After downloading and installing this app, follow the steps below to record iHeartRadio.
- Step 1: Go to “Settings” on the screen recorder app.
- Step 2: Give all the permissions and select an output folder.
- Step 3: Scroll down and choose “Internal sound” as the radio source.
To record quickly, you can also add “Screen Recorder” to your quick settings.
2. ADV Screen Recorder
- Step 1: Start the app.
- Step 3: After setting up the app, tap the three dots at the top right corner.
- Step 4: Select “Audio Settings” from the menu that pops up.
- Step 5: Select “Internal audio (Android 10+)”
With this app, you can control your recording without tapping the notification shade.
3. AZ Screen Recorder
- Step 1: After downloading, launch the app.
- Step 2: Tap “Settings” or the gear icon.
- Step 3: Select “Internal audio”
Please note that, unlike the two apps discussed above, this app comes with ads. You can disable the ads by paying a little fee.
4. Native Screen Recorder
Manufacturers like Samsung, Huawei, and Xiaomi have an inbuilt screen recorder. If you are using any of these android phones, then you need not download the apps above. Here is how to use the inbuilt screen recorder that comes with your device.
- Step 1: Find the “Screen recorder” app in the quick settings page on your android device.
- Step 2: Long press the app to access its settings.
- Step 3: Enable “Media sounds”
Other Internal Audio Recording Apps On Android
Other apps you can use to record iHeartRadio include:
- Mobizen Screen Recorder.
- Screencam Screen Recorder.
- Internal audio plugin.
- Internal audio plugin + App systemizer.
After choosing internal audio on the “Screencam screen recorder”, download “Magisk” and install “App systemizer”
Please note that all the apps above need your device to be rooted before they work. If you don’t want to root your device, you can buy a Xiaomi phone. Though it is expensive, it has an inbuilt screen recorder and a nice audio quality.
If your phone is not compatible with any of the apps discussed in this article, don’t worry. There are two things you can do.
Don’t install “App systemizer”. Another option is to download the “RecMe” app and link it with the “Internal audio plugin”
None of the internal audio recording apps will work on android version 9. Why? You may ask. Google has blocked internal audio recording on this version. The only option is to downgrade to a lower version. You can get a device with android version 10+ if you have the money.